Mugiwara Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invasion competition

3 posters

Go down

Invasion competition Empty Invasion competition

Post  klyoh Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:41 am

Here's the thread to adjust and expand on the beginnings of an idea I posted on the village board. Comments and suggestions are welcome. Here's the complicated version (with three invasions a day). It can be simplified to one invasion a day.

Winner : The villager who gets the more ressources from three invasions of his choosing.

Prizes : I'd suggest giving a prize to everybody who participated (did his three invasions, even if failed) :
kaiju drop for the winner,
PH super rares (or lower, like firework launcher) for second and third,
other permanent item for everybody else who got a ressource,
non permanents of choice (with maybe some exceptions) to everybody.

Everybody can choose his prize in the given ranges or lower.

How to enter :
Villager must be able to invade (Sp. jonin and higher) and will post his/her name in a specially created topic when it is made.
Once the topic is created, everybody has X days to put his name, no new entries after that. (ex : X = 7 days)
The competition starts Y days after the topic is created. (ex : Y = 7 days)

Ex : Topic is created on monday, everybody has till next monday to enter, when the competition starts.

PS : See How to play : If the competition starts on the next monday, that means the invader selection will begin the saturday just before, even if not all interested participants are known.

How to play:
This will require some organisation. I'm not so sure how invasion work, but from what's written on the front page, I suppose we must wait 4 hours between the time we set our invasion target and the time we invade. We will need to coordinate the targeting and the actual invasion.

Each day, 2 or three participants will get a chance to invade:
We will divide the day in three zones of three hours. (ex : 9AM-12PM, 5PM-8PM, 1AM-4AM). Those are the timeframes the invasions will take place. (Billy time)

Two days before the invasion, everybody interested will put his/her name for any number of zone when he wants to invade.

The day before the invasion, we will randomly select one participant for each zone.

The selected participant has to choose a target village. S/He can choose the target the day before or just before the invasion (at least four hours before).
If he chooses the day before, there is a risk that the village won't be as interesting (resources or difficulty wise) when the actual invasion occurs, be he has all the time he wants to choose and no constraints of logging in.
If he chooses just before, he has to log in twice with at least four hours of difference (probably more). The target will be better, but he can't choose a target already reserved for somebody who chose the day before.

For the duration of the competition (if the Kage agrees), we will give a few more (trustworthy) people the power to change invasion target, so that there's always somebody to change it on time (hopefully).

When his timeframe comes, the participant invades.

Ex:
I want to invade on wednesday at 11Am Billy time.
On monday, I put my name for the 9AM-12PM timeframe of wednesday.
Tuesday, I am selected. I choose to invade Konoha village and post my target.
Wednesday, a mod changes the preparations at 5AM to Konoha village. I invade Konoha at 11AM and get the ressources.

Rules:
Everybody gets three chances to invade.
If two people put their name for the same timeframe, we will systematically select the one with the least number of already attempted invasions.
If both have the same number of attempts, it will be random.

The ressources taken and the number of attempts will be tallied on the first post of the topic concerning the invasion.
Everybody can see how the competition is doing.
Even if you think you can't win, continue playing, there's a reward for everyone who plays to the end.
klyoh
klyoh
O-Parts Master
O-Parts Master

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Character sheet
Stamina:
Invasion competition Left_bar_bleue100/100Invasion competition Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
XP:
Invasion competition Left_bar_bleue0/0Invasion competition Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Invasion competition Empty Re: Invasion competition

Post  Rabid Rob Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:37 pm

Having a great big Spyoff before and during the event would probably help, that could the first part of the event, and we've got 3 Stealth Suits for folks willing to go a little wild!

I've never invaded, so I don't know what it looks like, and the bvswiki is a bit barren on info. Ashen war paint is the only consumable I'm aware of, there may be other things folks will want to use.
Rabid Rob
Rabid Rob
Shinigami
Shinigami

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Character sheet
Stamina:
Invasion competition Left_bar_bleue100/100Invasion competition Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
XP:
Invasion competition Left_bar_bleue0/0Invasion competition Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Blazer Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:58 pm

For those who don't know what a invasion looks like, or who to do one:
(Note, this invasion failed, because the Kage was ascended. You can usually tell if a Kage is ascended or not, by checking their profile, and seeing if they have over 50 or so Monochrome missions, and are S3 or higher, IIRC.)

Part one: Click " Attack a Village "
Invasion competition InvasionPart1

Select the targeted village, which will be shown in bold, black letters.

Then you'll come to this page:

Part two: The difficulties and successes needed...
Invasion competition InvasionPart21
And if you're a head sabotouer
Invasion competition InvasionPart22

You then click on the " Attack the village (requires 50 stam) .. "

You'll then come to this page, now it will show what resources you manage to take if your invasion was a success, since I did this on a whim, the Kage was bingo'd, and I failed, and this is what the message was.
Invasion competition InvasionPart3

I hope this gives some understanding to those who do not know what they need to do.

Note: If you look carefully, you'll see my range has gone up in the later pictures, that's because I consumed a Ashen War Paint.
Blazer
Blazer
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 277
Humor : Not sure what type, but I don't take many jokes offensively.
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Character sheet
Stamina:
Invasion competition Left_bar_bleue100000/100000Invasion competition Empty_bar_bleue  (100000/100000)
XP:
Invasion competition Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Invasion competition Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)

http://bebo.com/blazer1991

Back to top Go down

Post  Rabid Rob Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:32 am

Darn, that's some really freaking high diff/success reqs, is that average?

they had 17 patrolers and +3 peacetime
Rabid Rob
Rabid Rob
Shinigami
Shinigami

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Character sheet
Stamina:
XP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Blazer Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:04 am

It all depends on the village, if the kage wasn't ascended, it'd of been a success. But no, weaker villages are usually a lot easier. It just depends really.
Blazer
Blazer
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 277
Humor : Not sure what type, but I don't take many jokes offensively.
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Character sheet
Stamina:
Invasion competition Left_bar_bleue100000/100000Invasion competition Empty_bar_bleue  (100000/100000)
XP:
Invasion competition Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Invasion competition Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)

http://bebo.com/blazer1991

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum