Mugiwara Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storehouse : Items exchange value

5 posters

Go down

Storehouse : Items exchange value Empty Storehouse : Items exchange value

Post  klyoh Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:07 am

The storehouse is a great way to get some items you need but don't have. It's also a big source of tension within the village, because of people who take too much without giving anything back (intentionally or without thinking) and people who might be a bit too sensitive to what they view as unfairness, irresponsibility, theft,... and sometimes respond a bit too fast, a bit too strong (group to which I belong). In the end, both group might feel insulted, rejected, and the cohesion within the village is gone, the fun of the game is out the window.
We can't do much about this. Be patient, responsible and helpful to every new villager. Explain the rules and follow them. Hope that everybody will be good sport and won't try to ruin the game for other people.

On the other hand, some of the villagers give items daily to the storehouse, sometimes without asking for anything in return, and I laud them, especially since I'm a bit of an over achiever, hoarding everything I win, in case of, it might help someday,...
If somebody proves he has a need for an item by asking for it (meaning it's not just a "hey there are X super potions in the storehouse, why not take two or three" kind of random), I'll give it, or trade it if it's really valuable and I only have one spare. Once again, I don't think I'm the only one with that view (and maybe I take the game too seriously, whatever).

Finally, some (most) villagers are honest and want to reimburse what they took. The best way to do this is to give back exactly what one took, with a few days delay. Sometimes, they'd rather give back something they have in excessive quantities and has an equal value. And sometimes this way is even better because these items in excess might be in demand in the storehouse. I'm mostly thinking of smokebombs and potions. Recently, Blazer had this problem : he took a few Smokebombs and was in the process of giving them back. He also gave some super potions because he had some in excess, and wondered if they could count towards his reimbursement, and for how much. I'll paste here what I wrote him on the village log :

klyoh 10/21 (Tue - 8:59): That would be my opinion (and I don't think I'm alone in this), but I'm not in the command chain, you are. Ideally, it's better to give back the taken items' worth in what's most needed by the villagers. Smokebombs rank rather high, despite their low monetary value, as it can always be helpful. I still think the super potions make up for most, if not all of the smokebombs you took.

klyoh 10/21 (Tue - 9:06): If we had the dedication, the time and the need, we could establish an exchange value between items. One super potion for 20 smokebombs, one Billy bucket for two ultra elixir, ... something like this, but it's a bit much for something we play just for fun. We could at least try to make something for the smokebombs compared to all other useful items, so someone with many smokebombs could give them to take potions, permanent items (for cash if s/he wants), etc.

I think it would be helpful if we could lay down a few exchange rates for items, so that people could have more flexibility when reimbursing these items.
So here I am, asking for opinions, yours as villagers and users of the storehouse and the leader's as, well, leader.

The more complex the system, the more duress on the villagers and the more difficult it would be to establish, but also the easiest to use. Therefore, if we were to define it, which items would we include?

The real worth of an item depends on how many villagers need it. If there are no more smokebombs in the storehouse, they would logically be more valuable than if there were 500. Do we try to change the values depending on the actual need, or do we decide it once and for all. If it evolves, how often? Daily, weekly, monthly?

Please give your opinions.
klyoh
klyoh
O-Parts Master
O-Parts Master

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Character sheet
Stamina:
Storehouse : Items exchange value Left_bar_bleue100/100Storehouse : Items exchange value Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
XP:
Storehouse : Items exchange value Left_bar_bleue0/0Storehouse : Items exchange value Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Storehouse : Items exchange value Empty Re: Storehouse : Items exchange value

Post  Blazer Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:55 am

I agree, something needs to be set up.

I took 100 smokebombs for my sannin run, as I decided to do it on the day instead of waiting till the next week, and gave back 34 I believe. I also won 4 super potions from the scratch game, and I gave them all to the village for other people. And if I needed one I'd take it from the storehouse if it was still there.

Personally, we need dedicated people who are on often (more than once a day) and have a chat room that's private for everyone to talk to each other. Or just for the people in command to discuss problems, solutions, and villagers opinions.

Perhaps this " meeting " could be held twice a week, a time where everyone can get on for about 30mins minimum and discuss the wellfare of the village.

Since riex has got his hands tied a lot lately, and he needs to deal with things in real life, which comes first before anything, he'll be handing the leadership to me.

Since I am on frequently, and having lost my girlfriend a couple of days ago, I will have more time on my hands. Although I will be going out more with friends as I won't be able to stand being alone until I get over her.
So, once this happens, I'll be directing the village more, I'll be more strict than riex since I'll have more time to observe the village, and I won't hesitate to kick inactive members, and I will try and get villagers to talk more as it is neccessary for a working village.

I'm not sure what I'll do or how I'll do it yet, but it'll take a few days to get used to the position. I hope people can approve of this decision, and will back me up in it. I won't be unfair to anyone, nor will I treat someone more fairly than others, no matter who they are or what they've done.

However, I will respect people more, and trust them more if they prove themselves (or make more of an effort) than other villagers.

I'll also be establishing a new chain of command, and other things as I need to check peoples behaviour, their loyalty, and such, people who've had powers ect will have to reagin them. I thought it'd be better to tell everyone now, instead of leaving it till later. If they argue about this, then they don't deserve to be in the chain of command. However, people who had powers before won't take as long to prove themselves, as I trust Essays and riex's previous decisions.

That is all.

- Blazer.
Blazer
Blazer
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 277
Humor : Not sure what type, but I don't take many jokes offensively.
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Character sheet
Stamina:
Storehouse : Items exchange value Left_bar_bleue100000/100000Storehouse : Items exchange value Empty_bar_bleue  (100000/100000)
XP:
Storehouse : Items exchange value Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Storehouse : Items exchange value Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)

http://bebo.com/blazer1991

Back to top Go down

Post  EazyG Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Yea we have been having some major problems with storehouse depletion. I used around 30 tasty tonics in about two weeks and I apologize for depleting that category but I am currently working on replenishing it and hopefully I can gather up some ingredients and help out the Ultra elixir's too because it seems like many people have been taking those recently and nobody has been giving back. I think it is a really good idea to come up with some sort of storehouse conversion system I believe it would really help the village.
EazyG
EazyG
Hollow
Hollow

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Character sheet
Stamina:
Storehouse : Items exchange value Left_bar_bleue100/100Storehouse : Items exchange value Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
XP:
Storehouse : Items exchange value Left_bar_bleue0/0Storehouse : Items exchange value Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Blazer Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:00 am

EazyG wrote:Yea we have been having some major problems with storehouse depletion. I used around 30 tasty tonics in about two weeks and I apologize for depleting that category but I am currently working on replenishing it and hopefully I can gather up some ingredients and help out the Ultra elixir's too because it seems like many people have been taking those recently and nobody has been giving back. I think it is a really good idea to come up with some sort of storehouse conversion system I believe it would really help the village.

Yes, I've noticed you giving back a lot of things to the village, namely twigs and tonics. I'm glad we have atleast one honest member who doesn't need to be nagged at to return things. (Not saying there aren't others, but yeah).
Blazer
Blazer
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Stamina:
Storehouse : Items exchange value Left_bar_bleue100000/100000Storehouse : Items exchange value Empty_bar_bleue  (100000/100000)
XP:
Storehouse : Items exchange value Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Storehouse : Items exchange value Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)

Back to top Go down

Post  EazyG Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:13 pm

Yea I really don't know why people take things and don't feel any need to give anything back whatsoever. Hopefully we can start weeding out the losers soon and start getting some team players in our village. Mugiwara could definitely become a powerhouse village, I mean we have just as many or more upgrades than everybody in the top 10 now all we need are some good members. We might want to put some sort of "level 30+" entering level requirement to possibly help get in some better members and less genin and low level chuunin's so we could get rid of the members who are more likely to drop BvS after only a couple days of play.
EazyG
EazyG
Hollow
Hollow

Character sheet
Stamina:
XP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Blazer Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:49 am

EazyG wrote:Yea I really don't know why people take things and don't feel any need to give anything back whatsoever. Hopefully we can start weeding out the losers soon and start getting some team players in our village. Mugiwara could definitely become a powerhouse village, I mean we have just as many or more upgrades than everybody in the top 10 now all we need are some good members. We might want to put some sort of "level 30+" entering level requirement to possibly help get in some better members and less genin and low level chuunin's so we could get rid of the members who are more likely to drop BvS after only a couple days of play.

The best way to do that would be to blow up the village, then it'd only be players who are S2+ or StI.
Blazer
Blazer
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Stamina:
XP:

Back to top Go down

Post  NigDaMan Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:10 pm

I skimmed over this thread , I am wondering if with the issue with giving items of equal value, maybe we could put up certain items the storehouse is low on and the people who take things could try to give what the storehouse needs .
NigDaMan
NigDaMan
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Character sheet
Stamina:
XP:

Back to top Go down

Post  EazyG Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:34 pm

Yea it would be extremely hard to get rid of all the losers we currently have in our village. Destroying the village then creating it again would be a good idea but I did find one flaw though. If we only admitted Season 2 players and extremely high level Season 1 Jonin and Sannin players I don't think we would get very many members in the beginning just because the top villages have basically the same entering requirements so why wouldn't they just apply to one of them instead of a village ranked 50th? We have alot more upgrades than the villages in the same "league" as us so that is what we should market. Mostly level 30-50 season 1 players look in the 25-75 village ranking's and since we have the most upgrades we would be the perfect village for those people. If we could constantly admit players in that range and then kick the players who don't do anything we could eventually build a village full of season 2+ players, we have to build from the ground up and make sure the entering requirements arent too high. Hopefully what I just said wasn't too confusing.
EazyG
EazyG
Hollow
Hollow

Character sheet
Stamina:
XP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jio Freed Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:13 pm

You guys do know that Village Rankings means how many people fought in the NWW, right?
Jio Freed
Jio Freed
Sniper
Sniper

Number of posts : 200
Humor : A Lot
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Character sheet
Stamina:
Storehouse : Items exchange value Left_bar_bleue9999999/9000Storehouse : Items exchange value Empty_bar_bleue  (9999999/9000)
XP:
Storehouse : Items exchange value Left_bar_bleue9999999/9000Storehouse : Items exchange value Empty_bar_bleue  (9999999/9000)

Back to top Go down

Post  Blazer Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:06 pm

Jio Freed wrote:You guys do know that Village Rankings means how many people fought in the NWW, right?

And win.
Blazer
Blazer
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Stamina:
XP:

Back to top Go down

Post  EazyG Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:10 pm

Yea I know that I'm just saying that the villages at the top of the list are gonna get looked at a lot more than us therefore we shouldn't have our entering requirements as high as theirs or else we will never get any members. I mean unless you want to help a village rise to the top, if your already a strong player then you would much rather go to a top village rather than one ranked somewhere in the middle if you can.
EazyG
EazyG
Hollow
Hollow

Character sheet
Stamina:
XP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Blazer Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:27 am

That's true. Well we don't have any requirements atm, the best thing we need is active members. If they're active, we can help them, and they'll advance quick enough while getting the good items.

I need dedicated people who are good at diplomacy to attract members who will stay and help for our cause. It's dire that we recruit more people soonish. Otherwise we'll start becoming an easy target for other villages. We'll start losing upgrades, and that'll hurt us more.

We currently have 34 members, not to mention about another 7 who haven't been on in 3 days or more, who will most likely be kicked. It's terrible, but we must go through bad to get to good. I'm just hoping people will realise this, and stick with me through this tough time.
Blazer
Blazer
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Stamina:
XP:

Back to top Go down

Post  EazyG Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:33 pm

Hopefully we can get some productive members in our village soon because that is REALLY not gonna be fun if we only have 27 members. Our substantial amount of upgrades is definitely the most attractive thing about Mugiwara, we can NOT lose that leverage we have or our village might sink into the depths of all the wannabe villages and if that happens it will be extremely hard to pull mugiwara out.
EazyG
EazyG
Hollow
Hollow

Character sheet
Stamina:
XP:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down